Saturday, March 12, 2011

Let's All Say a Prayer for Japan

As I was busy yesterday applying for a TIN number for an account in LBP, I did not know that's something awful has been happening in our neighboring country, Japan. After arriving at home, my mom-in-law told me about the earthquake/tsunami that happened in Japan just 2 hours after I arrived home. Pictures of the tragedy where flashed on tv and you really can't believe that such disaster can happen. Cars and houses were like toys washed away by floods. Here is a pic I got from buzzfeed.com:

taken from buzzfeed.com

You can view more pics here.

Aftershocks are still felt by Japan after the 8.9 magnitude quake. Neighboring countries in the Pacific were also sent warning regarding the tsunami that would probably hit the coastal areas. Good thing Philippines was spared. Thank you Lord.

While Japan and all the other countries are busy rescuing and planning on the restoration of the damaged places, another bad news broke. Because of the quake, nuclear plants at Fukushima got leaks which resulted to explosion.

Please let's all continue to pray for Japan and to the rest of the world. God be with us.